UNIT 1: MY FRIENDS
LANGUAGE FOCUS (TRỌNG TÂM NGÔN NGỮ)
* Simple present
* Present present to talk about general truths
* (not) adjective + enough + to-infinitive
1. Complete the paragraphs. Use the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
(Hoàn chính các đoạn văn. Dùng dụng đúng của dộng từ trong ngoặc.)
a. Hoa lived in Hue last year, but now she (1) lives in Hanoi. Yesterday,
Hoa’s friend Nien (2) sent Hoa a letter. Nien (3) was Hoa’s neighbor when Hoa lived in Hue. She (4) is younger than Hoa. She (.5) comes to Hanoi in December. 4
b. Lan is Hoa’s best friend. The two girls (1) are in the same class at ‘Quang Trung School. Last year, Hoa (2) came to the school for the first time. Lan (3) showed her round and (4) introduced her to many new friends.
2. Complete the dialogue. Use the correct form of the verbs in the box. You will have to use some verbs more than once. (Hoàn chính bài dôi thoại. Dùng dạng đứng của dộng từ trong khung Các em sẽ phải dùng một vài động từ hơn một lần.)
Ba is helping his young cousin Tuan with sorrfe homework. (Ba đang giúp em họ Tuan làm bài tập ở nhà.)
be move set rise go
Ba : What do you know about the sun, Tuan?
Tuan : The sun (0) rises in the east and (1) sets in the west.
Ba : Can you tell me anything about the other planets?
Tuan : I know something about the Earth. It (2) moves around the sun. . Ba : Yes, and the moon (3) goes round the Earth.
Tuan : Where is Mars, Ba?
Ba : It (4) is near the sun.
Tuan : No, it is silly! That (5) is Mercury. Mars (6) moves / goes near the Earth.
3. Look and describe. (Nhìn và mô tả.)
Look at the picture. Ask and answer the questions. (Hãy nhìn bức tranh Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
a. There are four people in the picture.
b. – The person standing near the car in front is tall. He has short black hair. He is wearing dark trousers, a white shirt and black shoes.
– The young woman is slender. She has short and curly black hair. She’s wearing a. long green skirt, a long-sleeved (tay áo dài) red blouse. She’s wearing shoes and a handbag with a long strap (dây) on the shoulder.
– The boy sitting on the ground is tall and thin. He has short black hair, too. He’s wearing blue shorts and a long-sleeved white shirt. He’s wearing a pair of sandals.
– The man standing in front of the bus stop is short and fat . He has short black hair. He’s wearing trousers and a pink shirt. He’s wearing a dark tie and carrying a briefcase..
4. Complete the dialogues. Use “(not)+adjective+ enough”. (Hoàn chỉnh các bài đối thoại. Dùng “ (not) + adjective + enough”.)
a. Hoa : Can you put the groceries in your bag?
Lan : No. It is not big enough to carry everything, (big)
b. Hoa : Is Ba going to drive his father’s car?
Lan : No. He isn’t old enough to drive a car. (old)
c. Hoa : Do you need any help?
Lan : No, thanks. I’m strong enough to lift this box. (strong)
d. Hoa : Why don’t you join our Speaking Engish Club?
Lan : I don’t think my English is good enough to be a member, (good)
Tham khảo đáp án đầy đủ tại đây: My Friends