UNIT 15: SPACE CONQUEST
Before you listen
Theo cặp, ghép các bức ảnh với các chú thích ở bên dưới.
Picture a: 2
Picture b: 5
Picture c: 3
Picture d: 1
Picture e: 4
While you listen
Task 1. Nghe và cho biết các câu sau là đúng (T) hay sai (F).
1. F 2. F 3. F 4. F 5. T
In a speech to the Congress in 1961, the US President Kennedy challenged the nation to put a man on the moon before the end of the decade. After the president’s speech, NASA’s Apollo programme was developed to meet the challenge.
On July 16, 1969, the Apollo 11 was launched. The astronauts on board of the spacecraft were Neil Amstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.
On July 20, 1969, Neil Amstrong became the first man on the moon. He was followed by Aldrin 40 minutes later. To walk on the moon’s surface, the astronauts needed to wear a spacesuit with a portable life support system. This controlled the oxygen, temperature and pressure inside the spacesuit.
Amstrong and Aldrin spend a total of two and a half hours on the moon’s surface. They performed a variety of experiments and collected soil and rock samples to return to Earth. An American flag was left on the moon’s surface as a reminder of the achievement.
The crew of Apollo 11 returned to Earth on July 24, 1969. They successfully completed their historic mission. It is regarded as one of the greatest human efforts in the history of mankind.
Task 2. Nghe lại đê trà lời các câu hỏi.
1. NASA’s Apollo programme was developed to meet President Kennedy’s challenge.
2. The Apollo 11 was launched on July 16, 1969.
3. The portable life support system was used for controlling the oxygen, temperature and pressure inside the spacesuit.
4. The astronauts stayed on the surface of the moon for two and a half hours.
5. While they were staying on the surface of the moon they performed a variety of experiments and collected solid and rock samples to return to Earth.
6. They returned to Earth on July 24, 1969.
After you listen
Theo nhóm, thảo luận câu trả lời cho các câu hỏi.
ĐÁP ÁN GỢI Ý
1. The reason for human interest on Mars and other planets in the solar system can be:
• Human beings like adventures.
• We want to find out possibilities of life outside the Earth.
• One day, we may send people to Mars and other planets in case the Earth is overpopulated.
• We may conduct research on Mars and other planets for the benefits of people on Earth.
• We may find precious minerals there.
• We may have trips to other planets for tourist purposes.
* Đối với câu hỏi 2, khuyến khích HS đưa ra những câu trả lời tùy ý miễn là có thể giải thích được với sự lựa chọn đó.
Tham khảo đáp án các phần sau:
Reading Unit 15 Lớp 11 Trang 166
Speaking Unit 15 Lớp 11 Trang 170
Writing Unit 15 Lớp 11 Trang 174
Language Focus Unit 15 Lớp 11 Trang 161