UNIT 9: UNDERSEA WORLD
Before you listen
Theo cặp, hãy thảo luận các câu hỏi sau.
1. The whale is a mammal because it raises its young on milk.
2. Because they want whales for food, oil, leather and other products.
While you listen
Task 1: Hãy nghe thông tin về cá voi rồi xem những câu dưới đây là đúng (T) hay sai (F).
1. F 2. T 3. T 4. F 5. T
Task 2: Nghe lại lần nữa rồi trả lời các câu hỏi.
1. The blue whale grows to 30 metres in length and over 200 tons in weight.
2. Because there is a lot of krill – their favorite food in cold oceans.
3. Cold waters in the North and South Atlantic Ocean and the North and South Pacific are the good feeding grounds for whales.
4. Heavy hunting is the main reason for the decrease in whale population.
5. They have asked the International Whaling Commission to stop most whaling
6. If we didn’t take any measures to protect whales, they would disappear forever.
* Lời trong băng:
Whales are mammals that lives in the water. Some whales are huge. The blue whale, for example, grows to 30 meters in length and over 200 tons in weight. It is the largest animal that has ever lived on earth. Whales may also be the most intelligent animals in the ocean.
Whales like to feed in the cold oceans where there is a lot of krill – their favorite food. Cold waters in the North and South Atlantic Ocean and the North and South Pacific are good feeding grounds for whales. Some whales are known to migrate into warm waters to bear their calves.
Whale populations decrease quickly due to heavy hunting pressure. Conservation groups have asked the International Whaling Commission to stop most whaling. However, Native American hunters, such as the Eskimos, are still allowed to hunt a limited number of whales to feed their communities. If no effective measures were taken to protect whale, these wonderful animals would disappear forever.
After you listen
Làm việc theo nhóm, nói về cá voi, sử dụng các từ gợi ý bên dưới.
– Chiều dài và trọng lượng.
– Bãi cho ăn và thức ăn.
– Lý do bảo vệ cá voi.
Tham khảo đáp án các phần sau:
Reading Unit 9 Lớp 10 Trang 94
Speaking Unit 9 Lớp 10 Trang 97
Writing Unit 9 Lớp 10
Language Focus Unit 9 Lớp 10